Wednesday, November 4, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance Backstage Scoop: Why the "Stunned" jury Sent Bianca Home


It was a hard night for the tappers on So You Think You Can Dance. Both Bianca Revels and Phillip Attmore were sent home, but we caught up with the jury backstage and learned it didn't have to be that way.

In fact, Bianca's fate wasn't sealed until the last minutes of tonight's episode, when two judges outvoted the third and sent home Bianca, saving Noelle Marsh to dance a different day.

What made the dissimilarity? Here's what we learned...

what made the dissimilarity for fellow judges Adam Shankman and Mary Murphy? Adam told us, "I think Noelle's solo changed it, I think in our heads she was sort of on her way out and the alone changed it. I turned to them and said 'How could we possibly send her home after what we just saw?' I don't think it's inequitable to say that we were stunned."

Mary tells us, "Judge Nigel Lythgoe wanted to save Bianca, but it didn't go his way: "I didn't desire to lose two tappers tonight, but we decided it was Phillip [going home for the guys] near the beginning on. I think we were unanimous on that tonight, and then we had to decide on the girl. Neither one of [the bottom two girls] impressed us tonight in their duets. For me, Noelle was always a truly good dancer, but Bianca has grown, so my money goes on the one that's grown and that isn't just another contemporary dancer...but I was outvoted."

AndGoing in, with Noelle, I was thinking of taking her off the show, but after her solo I just thought to myself, There's no way, there's no way. She went up and down on both knees [even though she was lately injured], and I was like, Holy smokes. I think that was a real message to us: 'Don't even distantly think of taking me out. If you think I'm not gonna be able to handle it, I can handle it.' It was very imposing to me."

for more details please visit the eonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment